Current Job Openings
A little bit about us
Tarsier Studios is an independent game development studio based in Malmö, Sweden. We’re a team of 50 that pride ourselves on being self-motivated, open-minded and result-focused. Here everyone is important, and together we aim to make the best quality games while having fun doing it. For us it’s all about atmosphere, playfulness and quality.
Last year we celebrated our 10 year anniversary, and it was a year that also saw the release of our first two original games – Statik and Little Nightmares. Both games were critically successful and show that there is an audience for the kind of games Tarsier want to make.
We’re looking for an experienced technical 3D Animator with an easy-going attitude, who loves to work with games, a great eye for detail and is always striving to push their work to the highest possible level. You will be working closely with the tech team and designers in both Maya and Unreal Engine to help us on an unannounced title.
This is a 1-year fixed term contract 50% part-time where we require you to work onsite at our office in Malmö.
- Own, curate and implement animation blueprints in close collaboration with engineers
- Create animations that portray character personalities consistent with the style and vision as laid out by the Creative Director and/or Art Director
- Demonstrate a superior sense of posing, timing, and weight
- Continuously push the quality of the animations
- Help locate and solve animation processes and implementation issues
Is this you?
As a person you have a passion for making quality games. Whilst we work very hard here, we still try to keep things fun and laid-back – so it’s also good if you enjoy a fika and a chat with your wonderful colleagues.
- Able to relocate and work part-time 50% onsite at our office in Malmö, Sweden
- At least 3 years of experience as a 3D Animator, preferably working with games
- Strong knowledge and experience of rigging and animation
- Strong knowledge and experience of creating and implementing character animations
- Strong knowledge and experience of working with Unreal Engine and Maya
- Understanding of the technical limitations of game engines and console platforms
- Willingness to accept and provide direction and work well under pressure
- Flexibility to cope with frequent iterations
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
It´s nice if you have:
- Skilled in animation scripting
- Strong understanding of classic animation principles and fundamentals
- Cinematic knowledge
- Significant knowledge and experience of rigging
- Previous experience of the games industry
We will offer you:
At Tarsier you will be a part of creating entire worlds, and thanks to our ‘small-ish’ size, you will have the opportunity to work cross-discipline, broaden your experience, and really influence how these worlds take shape. Tarsier isn’t about hierarchy or keeping you at a distance. We appreciate people who want to help us make better games and a better company, so if you have something to say, then we want to hear it. We strive for an open, friendly and creative work atmosphere; where nobody feels different or out of place.
- Excellent colleagues
- Newly renovated office complete with the three most important things of all – a fully equipped Arcade Room, Resting Room, and a super-snazzy Cinema/Game Room.
- Situated just 5 min walk from Triangeln train station in the center of Malmö (30 min from Copenhagen C)
- Flexible work hours
- Delicious Friday breakfast
- Game nights and other activities
Application and contact
Does this feel like your kind of place? Do you get excited by quality and attention to detail? Can’t stop yourself from wanting to learn new things? Thinking about games even when you’re taking a sh... ower? Want to work in an open environment with amazing co-workers who really care for each other and the games we do? Love job adverts that ask a few too many questions? If the answer is yes to all, we would love for you to join us!
We are extremely curious about what goes on in your head and what comes out of it! Therefore, prior to a legible CV/resumé, we would like you to send us a link to your Portfolio. That means; No portfolio, not considered as an application.
Please apply using the ”Apply for the job” button above.
If you have specific questions about the role, you are welcome to contact us at
recruitment @ tarsier.se (please do NOT send applications to this address)