Current Job Openings
Regular Level Designer
Regular Level Designer
A little bit about us
Tarsier Studios is an independent game development studio based in Malmö, Sweden. We’re a team of 50 that pride ourselves on being self-motivated, open-minded and result-focused. Here everyone is important, and together we aim to make the best quality games while having fun doing it. For us it’s all about atmosphere, playfulness and quality.
Last year we celebrated our 10 year anniversary, and it was a year that also saw the release of our first two original games – Statik and Little Nightmares. Both games were critically successful and show that there is an audience for the kind of games Tarsier want to make.
We are looking for a talented Regular Level Designer with a mind for puzzles, stealth gameplay and the skills to back it up. As a Regular Level Designer at Tarsier Studios your work will be focused upon your favourite thing - building great games. Together with our talented Artists, Programmers, and Game Designers, you will play an important role in the second wave of original games from Tarsier Studios.
- Together with the design team taking levels from paper design to final shipping quality
- Devise and prototype ideas for mechanics and interactive objects in the gameworld.
- Work together with the Art, Tech and Audio team to find appropriate solutions for your designs.
- Mentor Junior Level Designers in your team
- Take ownership over design features or areas of a game
Is this you?
As a person you have a passion for making quality games. Being an experienced designer you enjoy mentoring within your own discipline, and work closely with other disciplines to help find the best solutions to level design challenges. Whilst we work very hard here, we still try to keep things fun and laid-back – so it’s also good if you enjoy a fika and a chat with your wonderful colleagues.
- At least 1 shipped title on Console/PC, full production cycles
- At least 3 years of experience in a design/level design role
- Creative, motivated, curious, dedicated and positive team player
- Display great knowledge of prototyping and implementing puzzles and mechanics using Blueprints in Unreal Engine 4
- Proven ability to plan and estimate your own workload, and complete your tasks within a specified timeframe
- Fluent in English
- Willing to relocate to Malmö, Sweden (or commute within the area)
It´s nice if you have:
- Experience leading teams of designers or multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience working with item-based puzzle-solving gameplay
- Experience working with stealth gameplay and making the most of A.I. characters
- A great eye for level art, lighting and mood
- Programming/scripting experience (e.g. C#/Python/LUA)
We will offer you:
At Tarsier you will be a part of creating entire worlds, and thanks to our ‘small-ish’ size, you will have the opportunity to work cross-discipline, broaden your experience, and really influence how these worlds take shape. Tarsier isn’t about hierarchy or keeping you at a distance. We appreciate people who want to help us make better games and a better company, so if you have something to say, then we want to hear it. We strive for an open, friendly and creative work atmosphere; where nobody feels different or out of place.
- Excellent colleagues
- Newly renovated office complete with the three most important things of all – a fully equipped Arcade Room, Resting Room, and a super-snazzy Cinema/Game Room.
- Situated just 5 min walk from Triangeln train station in the center of Malmö (30 min from Copenhagen C)
- Company health care and health care benefits
- 30 days paid vacation per year
- Occupational pension
- Flexible work hours
- Delicious Friday breakfast
- Game nights and other activities
Application and contact
Does this feel like your kind of place? Do you get excited by quality and attention to detail? Can’t stop yourself from wanting to learn new things? Thinking about games even when you’re taking a sh... ower? Want to work in an open environment with amazing co-workers who really care for each other and the games we do? Love job adverts that ask a few too many questions? If the answer is yes to all, we would love for you to join us!
We are extremely curious about what goes on in your head and what comes out of it. Therefore, please make sure you include a Portfolio along with your CV/Resumé.
We would also like you to send us a brief answer to the following questions in your application:
- Can you describe your level design process?
- Why do you want to make games?
- Of the things you've worked on, is there anything that you're especially proud over, and why.
Please apply using the ”Apply for the job” button above.
If you have specific questions about the role, you are welcome to contact us at
recruitment @ tarsier.se (Applications via the "Apply for this job" button, this email address is only for questions)