Current Job Openings
Regular Gameplay Programmer
Regular Gameplay Programmer
A little bit about us
Tarsier Studios is an independent game development studio based in Malmö, Sweden. We’re a team of 50 that pride ourselves on being self-motivated, open-minded and result-focused. Here everyone is important, and together we aim to make the best quality games while having fun doing it. For us it’s all about atmosphere, playfulness and quality.
Last year we celebrated our 10 year anniversary, and it was a year that also saw the release of our first two original games – Statik and Little Nightmares. Both games were critically successful and show that there is an audience for the kind of games Tarsier want to make.
As a Regular Gameplay Programmer at Tarsier Studios you will have a love of good gameplay that informs your work. You will be experienced enough to know your strengths and weaknesses, yet still open to absorbing new ways of working, and keen to understand the style & feeling of a 'Tarsier' game. You already show great programming skill, as well as great collaboration skills, and you’re hungry to collaborate with others to create amazing games together.
- Develop high-quality gameplay
- Cross-discipline collaboration
- Support content creators, and maximize the productivity of the team as a whole
- Adhere to, and actively influence, best practices and processes
- Help break down features and create a project plan together with the Lead Programmer and Producer
Is this you?
As a person you have a passion for making quality games. Whilst we work very hard here, we still try to keep things fun and laid-back – so it’s also good if you enjoy a fika and a chat with your wonderful colleagues.
- Strong gameplay and generalist programmer with excellent C++ skills
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4
- Great communication skills and a fantastic team player
- 3+ years in the Games Industry as a Gameplay Programmer
- Fluent in English both verbal and written
- Willing to relocate to Malmö, Sweden (or commute within the area)
It´s nice if you have:
- Shipped games for PC or console, as a Gameplay Programmer
- Unity or other game engine experience
- Experience with additional middleware systems
We will offer you:
At Tarsier you will be a part of creating entire worlds, and thanks to our ‘small-ish’ size, you will have the opportunity to work cross-discipline, broaden your experience, and really influence how these worlds take shape. Tarsier isn’t about hierarchy or keeping you at a distance. We appreciate people who want to help us make better games and a better company, so if you have something to say, then we want to hear it. We strive for an open, friendly and creative work atmosphere; where nobody feels different or out of place.
- Excellent colleagues
- Newly renovated office complete with the three most important things of all – a fully equipped Arcade Room, Resting Room, and a super-snazzy Cinema/Game Room.
- Situated just 5 min walk from Triangeln train station in the center of Malmö (30 min from Copenhagen C)
- Company health care and health care benefits
- 30 days paid vacation per year
- Occupational pension
- Flexible work hours
- Delicious Friday breakfast
- Game nights and other activities
Application and contact
Does this feel like your kind of place? Do you get excited by quality and attention to detail? Can’t stop yourself from wanting to learn new things? Thinking about games even when you’re taking a sh... ower? Want to work in an open environment with amazing co-workers who really care for each other and the games we do? Love job adverts that ask a few too many questions? If the answer is yes to all, we would love for you to join us!
We are extremely curious about what goes on in your head and what comes out of it. Therefore, prior to a legible CV/Resumé, we would also like you to send us a link to your Portfolio.
We would also like you to send us a brief answer to the following questions in your application:
- Why do you wish to work at Tarsier?
- Why do you want to make games?
- Of the things you've worked on, is there anything that you're especially proud over, and why.
Please apply using the ”Apply for the job” button above.
If you have specific questions about the role, you are welcome to contact us at
recruitment @ tarsier.se (please do NOT send applications to this address)